What is reflexology?
As a complementary therapy, Reflexology is now very popular all over the world, and we at Lotus feet, proudly offer our clinical services to the patrons. REFLEXOLOGY, as the term defines is a way of understanding the human body on the basis of the distribution of energy flow and the central nervous system; based upon the scientific knowledge that there are reflex areas in human body that correspond to all organs and parts of the body ; and more importantly all the nerves have meeting points( reflex points) on each feet- which means certain areas of your feet directly influence your body metabolism and wellbeing and when it is stimulated in the correct manner it can ensure the healthy existence of your body. HOW DOES IT WORK? When a particular area is stimulated using pressure with the thumbs and fingers it interact as part of the body’s nervous system creating ; relaxation, improved circulation, exercise of the nervous system with the benefits of touch. The brain acts on these signals and sends messages to the internal organs causing them to adjust levels of fuel and oxygen until the motor system allows the body’s overall tone or tension to operate at a lower stress level. It is in the deeply relaxed state that reflexology can encourage the body to help with lymphatic drainage, elimination of waste products and toxins stimulate nerve endings and bring stress levels under control. It is directly addressing the root causes rather than treating your problems at a secondary level with medications and other such interventions.
• It relaxes your body
• Reduces pain in body conditions , also helps post operative recovery
• Improves bodily as well as mental well being
• Improves blood circulation
• Helps reduce problems related to post delivery.
• Stress-related conditions
• Back Pain
• Sleep Disorders
• Hormonal imbalances
• Past Sports Injuries and stiffness in joints
• Digestive disorders
• Can help relieve post-operative pain and after effects of chemotherapy
OVERALL , REFLEXOLOGY HELPS GREATLY WITH THE REDUCTION OF STRESS,
MAINLY BECAUSE THE TENSION LEVEL FOR THE WHOLE BODY SET IN THE FEET AND HANDS;
AND WITH REFLEX THERAPY, IT IS EASY TO INTERRUPT THE STRESS
AND RESET HOMEOSTASIS THAT IS THE BODY’S EQUILIBRIUM
YOU MAY ALSO KNOW..
• There are no SIDE EFFECTS known and reflexology can be used safely as a complement to clinical medicine. Stimulating your reflexes correctly will help regain your body equilibrium thereby reinstating your body and mental well being.
• Initially you may feel a slight worsening of symptoms; but this is a positive sign that the body is responding well to the therapy and the discomfort would soon pass and you will regain good health.
• You should feel relaxed at the end of a session which is a good indicator of the effectiveness of the session.
• Remember that reflexology is a complementary therapy but never a replacement of any kind of medical interventions.